Saturday (William Tyndale)
- Up and out on a long walk by 0720: west on Lawrence to MacArthur, north to Jefferson, east to Ninth, south to Sound Grand, west on Second, and back up to the office after a stop for breakfast at the Sunrise Cafe.
- After getting cleaned up and dressed, brief devotions in the cathedral, followed by Morning Prayer in the office.
- Cranked out another 220-word reflection on a passage from the daily office lectionary for November 2019, #18 of an eventual 30. I’m enjoying spending some quality time with I Maccabees.
- Cleared my desk of various bits of detritus: signing some, filing others, disposing of most.
- Checked in with a group beginning to gather across the alley for a reunion of those attended Episcopal Church Camp of Illinois.
- Picked up something from the dry cleaners, headed out Clearlake for a burger and frozen custard at Freddy’s, then onward eastbound on I-72 through a torrential downpour most of the way to Champaign.
- Arrived right on time for a 2:00pm meeting with the Mission Leadership Team of the Chapel of St John the Divine. We had some sober and difficult, but irenic conversation. When I got back in my car, it was 4:25.
- Drove south on I-57, through only occasional gentle rain this time, arriving at my destination for the night–the Hampton Inn, Marion–right at 7:00. Check in and stepped across the way for some dinner at Applebee’s. Plenty tired.