Saturday (Nicholas Ferrar)
by Bishop Daniel
on December 1, 2018
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Walked to Charlie Parker’s for breakfast (2.2 miles).
- Walked from Charlie Parker’s to the blood bank to make a scheduled donation (2.6 miles).
- Walked to the home that I still make payments on but remains vacant, to generally inspect it and turn down the thermostats (2.4 miles).
- Walked back to the office (2.5 miles).
- Took off my shoes and rested a good long while, lunching on leftovers from yesterday.
- Hand-wrote greetings to clergy and spouses with birthdays and wedding anniversaries in December,. Wrote emails to those with ordination anniversaries (for which December is a banner month).
- Responded to accumulated emails and various other small administrative items.
- Did a year’s worth of *master* sermon planning plotting.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
- Went out to find some steak for dinner, given that I had left a slew of red cells at the blood bank.
- Responded substantively to a substantive email I found waiting for me when I got back to the office.