Indulged in a “slow” morning … did some household financial chores …began the finish work on tomorrow’s homily … all the while with our building’s boiler having issues, with the necessary repairs not able to be done until Monday (so, a cold weekend, with space heaters doing the best they can). Then, just as I was ready to head to Springfield, the basement carbon monoxide alarm sounded. We weren’t sure it was safe to be in the building, so we (Brenda, our son and his wife, and their daughter) camped out on the sidewalk while we waited for the fire department and the gas company to scramble. It turned out there were some “interesting” levels of CO in the residential areas, accounting for some mild symptoms experienced by a couple of us. So … adventure. Eventually we got the all-clear and moved back inside. I’m now in my office encampment in Springfield, where the heat works! But when I get back home tomorrow afternoon, it will be a bundling-up situation for the following 24 hours. And we will be collectively several thousand dollars poorer, because … the boiler needs to be replaced.
Sorry for your difficulties…..added to the list. I am very upset and sorry about what is happening with you and your retirement situation and the Standing Committee. Keeping you and Brenda in my prayers.