by Bishop Daniel
on October 20, 2018
- Down from the Doubletree to the cathedral more or less on time for 0800 Morning Prayer, followed by a breakfast in the Great Hall catered by Bob Evans (whose biscuits & gravy I have come to esteem).
- Called the synod back into session around 0910. We were adjourned before 1000.
- Spend the next couple of hours back in my office, clearing some emails and other small items in my do-do list. Also met with Dean Hook for a bit un a substantive (but not synod-related) issue.
- Back to the Doubletree with Brenda. Rested for a brief while (I felt uncommonly tired), the headed out to the west side for lunch a Popeye’s, a movie (Bad Times at the El Royale), and a stop by the old empty home for a brief chore.
- Returned to the hotel to chip away at more task list items, including lectionary reflection #22 of an eventual 30 for Forward Movement.
- Drinks and dinner with Brenda with a spectacular view at the Pinnacle Club (30th floor of the Wyndham Hotel).