by Bishop Daniel
on March 15, 2014
- Left the house around 9:15 to pick up some dry cleaning, get gas, and head east on I-72 for an 11:00 engagement in Urbana.
- Met with one of the finalists for the vacant rector’s position at Emmanuel, Champaign. Then lunch with the candidate, the candidate’s spouse, the Rector’s Warden, and the Chair of the search committee.
- Back on I-72 westbound a little past 1:00.
- Met the Archdeacon at a the mortuary where Fr Roderick’s body is being held. We offered general supervision and technical assistance as two employees, who do indeed know what they’re doing. vested him in alb, stole, and chasuble, as befits the burial of a priest.
- Attended to a small bit of pastoral administrivia right when I arrived home, then did my regular Bowflex routine before heading out on a brisk four-mile walk on a beautiful early spring afternoon.
- Spent part of the evening attending to some Nashotah-related flotsam and jetsam.