by Bishop Daniel
on February 29, 2020
- Up, out together, and across the alley for devotions and MP in the cathedral by 0730.
- Breakfast from the McD’s drive-on South Grand.
- Prepared–physically and homiletically–for the Diocesan Council Mass.
- Got to work on refining and printing my homily for tomorrow (Holy Trinity, Danville).
- Presided and preached at the liturgy (feria for the Saturday after Ash Wednesday).
- Presided over the regular February meeting of the Diocesan Council.
- Stepped out for lunch (Five Guys), some shopping (Scheel’s, Meijer) and a haircut (for which there was a not insubstantial wait).
- Back to the office just as the organizing meeting of the Election Committee (overseeing the election of successor) was winding up.
- Reviewed the result for our two candidates who took the General Ordination Exams last month, sent a few related emails and otherwise moved the ball down the field for both of them in their progress toward ordination.
- Reviewed my March visitation calendar and scheduled some pertinent reminders.
- Reviewed and executed an agreement with the presenter for next November’s clergy conference.
- Worked on a writing project I agreed to take on for The Living Church Foundation.
- Scanned and otherwise processed accumulated hard copy.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
- Headed east to Champaign for the night, catching dinner on the way.