by Bishop Daniel
on October 5, 2019
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral. Breakfast at Charlie Parker’s.
- Participated in the development of a formal email announcement to the diocese of Bishop Beckwith’s death.
- Did the finish work on my homily for tomorrow, when I will be “supplying” at St Thomas’, Salem and St John’s, Centralia.
- Responded to a short stack of emails that had been lingering for a couple of days.
- Wrote a promised discretionary fund check to be hand-delivered in the afternoon.
- Lunch from Taco Gringo, eaten in the office.
- Ran a personal errand–out to Scheel’s for a pair of hiking boots that can stand up to winter conditions.
- Moved my sermon prep for Proper 24 (October 20 in Carlinville) from “message statement” to “developed outline.”
- Scanned, categorized, and tagged the accumulated hard copy items on my desk.
- Packed up my office encampment, loaded the YFNBmobile, and headed down to O’Fallon for a 4pm meeting with the Mission Leadership Team of St Michael’s, as they come to grips with the concrete realities of a pastoral hiatus.
- Checked in at the Hilton Garden, walked a lap around their lagoon, caught dinner at a pizza place across the street, walked two more lagoon laps.