by Bishop Daniel
on April 13, 2019
- Up and out of my office campsite and across the alley to read Morning Prayer in the cathedral. Then across town to IHOP for breakfast.
- By the time I got back, I needed to start devoting my attention to final preparations for the Chrism Mass (printing out the readings, last-minute decisions on seating, recruiting lectors, and other odds and ends).
- Presided at the clergy renewal of vows, the Eucharist, the blessing of oils, and the Sacrament of Unction.
- Met privately with e cleric for a pastoral check-in.
- Joined a group for lunch at Boone’s, a nearby eatery and watering hole.
- By the time I got back to the office, it was nearly 2:30 and I was suddenly aware of being dog-tired. All the interaction with people was a great blessing, but, for an introvert, such blessing comes with a price. I settled in with a Netflix movie on my laptop and interrupted it at one point for a nap.
- Eventually made it out to Chick-Fil-A for a bit of dinner (I’m very fond of their diet lemonade), then got about 4000 steps in circumambulating the White Oaks Mall parking lot.
- Prayed the evening office, on the late side, in the cathedral.
- Attended to a couple of low-mental-demand administrative tasks, and then cashed it in for the night.