The successful candidate will secure the contract to serve as Communications Coordinator to the Diocesan Bishop. This involves supporting assignments directly related to the pastoral, sacramental and missional ministries of the Bishop, coordinating with Diocesan staff, and exercising a high degree of discretion and initiative when communicating our story.
This hybrid position will work closely with ordained clergy, lay staff and volunteers throughout the Diocese supporting the particular ministries relating to the overall mission of the Diocese of Springfield, the Episcopal Church USA, and the world-wide Anglican Communion.
In addition, the candidate will be able to articulate principles of liturgical worship in the Episcopal Church and have an evangelical point of view in order to promote the Diocese of Springfield and its mission to those who constitute her churches and beyond. The candidate must also balance public relations mindfulness and opportunities.
The Diocese of Springfield is an equal opportunity employer while the Office of the Bishop enters into and maintains relationship with others based on the Baptismal Covenant of the Church.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: The Reverend Canon Mark Evans
Reports to Diocesan Bishop
Work Hours; Contract position – Work hours negotiable upon offer
Occasional off-hours & weekend work (Diocesan Synod and other Diocesans events)
Coordinate content, design and edit the diocesan newsletters (print and web). Act as point of contact for printer/mail house.
Maintain and monitor diocesan social media channels, coordinate and create content, handle replies and messages as appropriate
Maintain and monitor diocesan website and implement day to day changes. Support Eucharistic Communities website and social media, when needed.
Coordinate with Executive Assistant on database management, ensuring mailing lists are up to date.
Support the Diocesan Archivist regarding digital materials
Support diocesan boards, ministries and committees with communications materials (mailings, social media, etc.) as requested
Rebroadcast news from the National Church and National Ministries as requested by the Bishop, Canon, Diocesan Ministry Leaders, and Standing Committee President
Maintain cloud based media storage (Vimeo, Flickr). Build and maintain a diocesan photo database suitable for use for ministries, promotional materials, etc. Coordinate occasional photography as needed.
Serve as point of contact for press and media inquiries and materials, working alongside the Bishop and Executive Assistant.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading
· Proficient in Microsoft Office 360 and advanced office machines
· Proficient with enterprise-level database and communication software: Breeze, Constant Contact, WordPress or equivalent
· Proficient with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
· Proficient in video and photo editing platforms (Adobe Creative Suite)
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
· Ability to maintain high level of respect for visitors and those who represent the diocese
· Balance and prioritize a high level of tasks in observance of strict deadlines
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Bishop or the Canon
· Five years communications or public relations experience preferred
· High School diploma or equivalent required, Associate, Bachelor, or higher degree(s) preferred
· There is an expectation of your presence, on some occasions, as deemed necessary by the Bishop. This includes but is not limited to Annual Synod, events of Diocesan-wide and national church significance, and other dedicatory events.