by Bishop Daniel
on March 31, 2015
- Weekly task planning at home. More than I will ever have time to accomplish this week.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Responded to a voicemail with an email.
- Conferred with the Treasurer and the Archdeacon over an emerging financial/administrative situation in one of our parishes. Followed up with an email to arrange a meeting.
- Made some last minute adjustments to the bulletin for the Maundy Thursday liturgy at the cathedral. Emailed it to Bonnie, then stepped next door to discuss it with her.
- Spoke by phone with the Bishop of Peru. The way is now clear to make travel plans to be there in July in order to participate in the consecration of new bishops for what is slated to be a new province of the Anglican Communion.
- Reviewed a draft of a revised charter and statutes for Nashotah House. Made some notations and sent them along to the consultant who is helping us with this project.
- Attended the midday Mass in the cathedral chapel.
- Lunch from La Bamba, eaten at home.
- Attended to some details pertaining to next week’s trip to Cuba with my HOB Class of 2011 colleagues. This is our annual continuing education get together, as the Bishop of Cuba is an honorary member of our class, having been with us for “baby bishops” school.
- Finished compiling, edited, packaged, and sent via email to the search consultant of one of our parishes in transition that names of potential candidates that I have assembled for them so far.
- Ran an errand up to Illinois National Bank that got me an additional 2000 steps on the pedometer.
- His the road right at 4pm for points north. While en route, had a planned substantive conversation with the Dean of Nashotah House.
- In Normal, met with one of our postulants in the ordination process.
- Met with the Mission Leadership Team (aka Vestry) of Christ the King, Normal as they begin a time of transition in the wake of the impending departure of Fr Desmond Francis.
- Home around 9:15.