Holy Saturday / Easter Eve
by Bishop Daniel
on March 26, 2016
- Up and out in time to lead the cathedral altar guild at 9am in the Holy Saturday liturgy of the word. I’ve done this now for 25 consecutive years, in four different parish communities. For the sermon, I use a magnificent anonymous ancient homily on the harrowing of hell.
- Puttered around until 12:3o attending to various details of preparation for the Easter Vigil.
- Lunch from La Bamba, eaten at home, followed by some R & R.
- Practiced the french horn, took a walk, processed a short stack of emails.
- Back at the cathedral by 5:00. Puttered around some more. Led a liturgy rehearsal, enjoyed some pizza with the altar party and baptism/confirmation parties.
- Got back to what seemed like an endless supply of preparatory details.
- Presided and preached at the Great Vigil of Easter. One adult baptism, three adult confirmations and three youth confirmations. Home a bit before 11pm.