by Bishop Daniel
on December 28, 2012
- Usual AM routine; Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Handled a small batch of emails.
- Churned out a rough draft of a homily for Epiphany (Sunday, 6 January, at Trinity, Jacksonville).
- Appointment with Fr David Peters, a chaplain in the Army reserve and canonically resident in the diocese, though physically resident in Austin, Texas.
- Lunch at home. Leftovers.
- Usual weekly scanning/filing chore.
- Produced a substantially finished set of working notes for the first of my four adresses at the diocesan ECW retreat in February. It will need some minor tweaking, but it’s essentially in the can.
- Friday prayer: Discursive meditation, Ignatian-style, on one of the daily office readings for the feasts of the Holy Innocents.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.