by Bishop Daniel
on September 14, 2017
- What better way to begin the day than by offering Morning Prayer while on a treadmill?! (thank-you, technology) I didn’t pray the entire time I was on it, but it did consume about the first 20 minutes.
- At my desk and attacking my to-do list just a little later than the normal time, given my successful attempt at synergy.
- Attended via email to an emerging administrative/pastoral concern.
- Worked on my homily for the synod Mass, taking it from “developed outline” to “rough draft.”
- Hand-wrote notes of greeting to the clergy and spouses with birthdays and anniversaries in October.
- Spoke by phone with one of our priests on an urgent personal pastoral matter.
- Attended Mass for Holy Cross day in the cathedral chapel.
- Lunch from HyVee, eaten at home (pulled pork).
- Spoke by phone, substantively but relatively briefly, with the Acting Dean of Nashotah House.
- Handled a handful of emails as they came (if I can do so in under two minutes, that’s my policy).
- Drafted the text of the next-up short catechetical video in the Seven Habits of Well-Formed Christian Disciples series.
- Since I serve on the board for Forward Movement, but don’t regularly read their flagship publication, the daily devotional Forward Day by Day, I make it a point to look at a core sample from each quarterly booklet, just to check for quality. The third quarter 2017 authors all seem to be pretty good.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.