Friday (St Wulfstan)
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Attended to some last-minute travel details pertaining to my trip (with Brenda) to Houston this weekend for a preaching engagement. It was time-consuming.
- We plan on receiving a former Roman Catholic priest as a priest of the Episcopal Church next month (not for service in this diocese … it’s complicated). It turns out there is no clearly available liturgical form for doing this, so I had to do a deep dive into the Prayer Book and the Book of Occasional Services, and consult some online contacts, and talk with the Archdeacon, before a plausible solution emerged. But we now have the broad strokes plotted.
- Met with one of our clergy, who dropped by on other business, but it turned into a substantive conversation.
- Lunch from TG, eaten at home.
- Took Brenda to get her driver’s license renewed.
- Spent quality time with a commentary on John’s gospel in preparation for preaching on Lent III (March 4 at St Andrew’s, Carbondale).
- Routine scanning of whole bunch of accumulated hard copy.
- Short form Evening Prayer on the way home.