Friday (St Richard of Chichester)
by Bishop Daniel
on April 3, 2020
- Usual AM preliminaries. Got started on four loads of laundry.
- Attended to a small bit of Living Church Foundation business.
- Established a Zoom (video conferencing) account for the diocese. It will be used a great deal, I expect, during this season of “coronatide.”
- Spent the rest of the morning wrestling my exegetical notes on the propers for the Third Sunday of Easter (when the church I will not be preaching in is St Thomas’, Salem), finally resulting in a homiletical message statement for the non-occasion.
- Lunched on leftovers. Continued with laundry.
- More sermon work: Quality time with commentaries on the readings for Easter IV, when I’m not preaching at Emmanuel, Champaign.
- Decided not to waste 61 degrees and sunshine and, still against medical advice, took a modest walk (wearing my boot, of course).
- For my Friday devotion, did a lectio divina on the daily office Old Testament reading for tomorrow.
- Responded to a newsy email from a military chaplain who is canonically resident with us
- Got some jambalaya for dinner into the oven, then read the evening office with Brenda.