Friday (St Nicholas)
by Bishop Daniel
on December 6, 2013
- Arrived at the office at the regular hour, but took the time upon arrival to reprogram my satellite radio after yesterday’s dealer update of the system. One must have one’s familiar infrastructure.
- Morning Prayer in the office (the cathedral of forbiddingly cold these days).
- Left voice mail with a lay leader in one of our Eucharistic Communities.
- With Sue’s assistance, laid the wax seal on three ordination certificates, two for next week and one for next month. Two out of three were good on the first try, but even with three copies to mess up on, one had to be reprinted.
- Took an incoming phone call from another member of the Nashotah House board.
- Researched and made appropriate plans for parking at STL on Sunday as we journey briefly to Florida for two ordinations (in one service).
- Drafted and sent a email to the person who left the threatening voice mail that I discovered earlier this week. This was an attempt at pastoral care. Don’t know how effective it will be.
- Began to work on q Nashotah House project.
- Lunch from KFC, eaten at home.
- Continued and completed work on the aforementioned project.
- Attempted to make arrangements for a personal retreat next month. This has been an elusive goal for some time.
- Prayed the Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary.
- Evening Prayer in the office.