Friday (St Nicholas)
by Bishop Daniel
on December 6, 2019
- On the road southbound at 0527. A John Grisham audio book made the time slide right by. Arrived at Green Mazda in Springfield around 0835. Left the YFNBmobile there for a service appointment and called an Uber to take me to the office.
- Processed emails that arrived overnight. Organized tasks. Began doing finish work on this Sunday’s homily.
- Kept at 10am appointment with the wardens of one of our Eucharistic Communities, along with the Archdeacon, to discuss some financial concerns.
- Returned to, and completed, the sermon work I had begun.
- Since I was carless, I walked into downtown and had pizza for lunch.
- Began processing accumulated hard-copy items on my desk.
- Took care of a small administrative chore.
- Met was three members of the Standing Committee, at their request, to discuss a pastoral issue.
- Called another Uber to take me back to the Mazda dealer and retrieve my vehicle.
- Dealt with a couple of emails that have taken longer that I would have liked to rise to the top of the pile.
- Friday devotion: Ignatian meditation on the daily office gospel reading for the day.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.