Friday (St Ignatius of Antioch)
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Got to work writing a post-synod reflection for the website–and eventually for our print product, the Springfield Current. This took me right up to noon, but the work was interrupted twice for important and substantive conversations, one with the Archdeacon and one with the Interim Provost. The usual vague subject category applies: “administrative and pastoral issue” (where one is found, the other is usually not far away).
- Lunch at home–microwaved Indian food.
- Reviewed and approved a request for a marital judgment.
- Scanned and otherwise processed hardcopy from my physical inbox.
- Took a walk four blocks south, two blocks west, then north and east to complete the circuit.
- Dealt with a couple of long-outstanding emails that were never urgent and only marginally important, but out of regard for the sender they needed to have their 15 minutes of fame.
- Friday prayer: Lectio divina on today’s daily office reading from Ecclesiasticus. There was a lot there about discipline, patience, prudence, and keeping one’s mouth shut until the right moment. I took an inventory of my habits in those areas.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.