Friday (St Hugh of Lincoln)
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Prepared for the 10am Diocesan Council Mass; greeting Council members as they arrived.
- Presided and preached at the liturgy, observing the lesser feast of St Hugh of Lincoln.
- Presided over the Council meeting, which was brief, but productive in the ways it needed to be.
- Met privately for about 20 minutes with a clerical member of Council over a pastoral issue.
- Met privately with a lay member of Council for about the same length of time over a concern in his parish.
- Lunch at home. Leftovers.
- Pointed the YFNBmobile westward toward Hannibal, MO, about a hundred miles away, to make a guest appearance at the 178th annual convention of the Diocese of Missouri.
- Participated, but only as “eye candy,” in the convention Eucharist, followed by dinner in the same venue. Along the way, we were entertained by Hannibal’s most famous fictional denizens, Tom Sawyer and Becky Thatcher.