Friday (St Cyril of Jerusalem)
by Bishop Daniel
on March 18, 2016
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Attended to a fairly substantial list of details pertaining to tomorrow’s Chrism Mass. I think I have it pretty much in hand, but there will be some last-minute concerns. This took a good while.
- Responded to an email from my colleague and companion, the Bishop of Tabora.
- Lunch from TG, eaten at home.
- Processed a couple of late-arriving emails.
- Met with two of our new postulants for ordination to a priesthood (a married couple). Excited about their potential.
- Drafted some more liturgical materials in connection with a special initiative that I will introduce to the clergy tomorrow at the luncheon following the Chrism Mass, and roll out to the rest of the diocese next week.
- Prayed the Sorrowful Mysteries of the rosary. We are blessed to have in the cathedral stained-glass windows that represent the Sorrowful and Joyful Mysteries along the sides of the nave and the Glorious Mysteries at the clerestory level in the sanctuary. And there’s room for the new Luminous Mysteries in the nave clerestory when we get the right bequest!
- Took care of one more link in the chain that I hope might lead to a much more robust regimen of communication within the diocese.
- In that connection, spoke by phone with the vendor whose database software we have decided to use. It will be a big task rolling it out, and probably won’t be complete until the end of this calendar year.
- Reviewed a video resource about the clergy-musician relationship that was sent to me by the Virginia Theological Seminary.
- Evening Prayer in the office.