Friday (St Basil)
- Devotions, Morning Prayer, tea, breakfast, internet cruising, rough email processing, and task planning on the back patio, not because the weather was particularly nice (it was actually quite chilly), but because I wanted to be there right when the recycling haulers arrived so I could immediately retrieve the cans into the garage and prevent unknown malefactors from depositing their own recycling into *our* cans. Yes, that is a thing, and, yes, I have become “that guy.” My mission, by the way, was accomplished. #urbanlife
- Had a substantive phone conversation with one of our clerics over an administrative-pastoral issue.
- Responded to a couple of late-arriving emails.
- Did the finish work on my homily for this Sunday (Trinity, Mt Vernon).
- Responded by email to a request for a phone appointment with one of our canonically-resident military chaplains.
- Lunch slightly on the early side from the Chinese takeout place around the corner.
- Stepped out for a 1:00pm appointment with my psychotherapist.
- Spent the rest of the afternoon before Evening Prayer working on my in-progress pastoral teaching on sexuality and marriage.