Out of retreat now, and back in the saddle. My personal circumstances may dictate a rather unorthodox style, but the formula is pretty classic: pray … read … reflect … write … repeat. And, perhaps, sleep a tad more than usual. As such things go, I would say that is “worked.”
As for today:
- Task planning over breakfast.
- Morning Prayer with Brenda.
- Edited, refined, printed (placing the hard copy in my car), and scheduled for posting this Sunday’s homily (St Bartholomew’s, Granite City).
- Reached out by email to a priest whose parish I am visiting soon.
- Wrote an email (in Spanish) to the Bishop of Peru, letting him know he’ll shortly be receiving a modest financial contribution from the Diocese of Springfield.
- Lunch from Pizza Hut, eaten at home.
- Reached out by phone and email regarding a pastoral matter.
- Wrote and posted (on the website) my article for the next edition of the Springfield Current.
- Took a brisk 75-minute walk. (With temps in the mid-20s, it was never going to be anything but brisk!).
- Friday prayer: Lectio divina on tomorrow OT reading from the daily office lectionary.
- Evening Prayer with Brenda.
- Mid-evening, made a start on adapting the current Roman Catholic authorized rite for exorcism for use in the Diocese of Springfield. This will be a bit of a project.