Friday (O Radix Jesse)
- Usual AM routine. MP in the cathedral.
- Conferred with the Archdeacon on a pastoral-administrative issue.
- Began the process of trying to upload the video I spent so much time editing yesterday. I won’t chronicle the details, but I was dealing with this on and off the rest of the day and into the evening. See the results here.
- Via email and three telephone calls (in various parts of the day), dealt (not conclusively yet) with an emerging Nashotah House concern.
- Took a homily for the First Sunday after Christmas from many years ago and began the process of refurbishing for use this year at the cathedral.
- Lunch at home.
- With ongoing attention to items already mentioned at various points in the afternoon, I spent most of it doing scanning and electronic organizing of hard copy. With my new faster scanner, I’m not only dealing with new hard copy detritus as it accumulates, but going back into other paper records and digitizing them. This will be a long-term project.
- Intended to spend a “Holy Hour” in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament in the Lady Chapel of the cathedral, but it turned pretty much into a “holy 20 minutes,” on account of one of the phone calls already mentioned. Still, a sweet time.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.