Friday (John & Charles Wesley)
by Bishop Daniel
on March 3, 2017
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Took care of a relatively small but time-sensitive task related to Cursillo.
- Reassessed and revised the strategic plan for planting a Eucharistic Community-in-Formation in Effingham.
- Assessed possibilities for resourcing congregations to more intelligently address issues of liturgical music. Plotted tasks.
- Conferred with the Archdeacon on a range of emergent concerns.
- Lunch at home. Leftover.
- Attended by phone to some personal doctor-related business. Not overly happy with the administrative apparatus of the healthcare system these days.
- Retired to the cathedral to pray the Sorrowful Mysteries of the rosary.
- Routine scanning and processing of accumulated hard copy items.
- Substantive phone conversation with one of our rectors over some emerging administrative concerns.
- Caught up on some internet reading–blog posts that I had flagged for later attention when I first saw them.
- Took care of some formalities pertaining to the Commission on Ministry and the Standing Committee.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral, followed by participation in their regularly-scheduled Stations of the Cross on Lenten Fridays.