Friday (James DeKoven)
- Still minding the menagerie in the Zookeeper’s absence, which, if nothing else, means I rack up a few more steps on the pedometer each day.
- At the Cathedral-Roundhouse complex at a decent hour, but instead of praying the morning office, I got distracted by consultations with the Provost and the Verger over physical preparations for tomorrow’s Chrism Mass.
- The rest of the morning was consumed by various iterations of administrivia.
- Lunch at home (leftover chili–one of the few things that gets better with age in the refrigerator).
- Most of the afternoon was spent producing a first draft of a homily for the Second Sunday of Easter (April 7 at St Andrew’s, Edwardsville).
- Did a fruitful lectio divina on Jeremiah 29.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.