by Bishop Daniel
on September 15, 2017
- Usual weekday AM routine. Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Attended by email to an ongoing pastoral/administrative matter.
- Began developing my sermon outline for Proper 23 (October 15 at St Matthew’s, Bloomington) into a full-fledged rough draft.
- Interrupted this work for an 11am appointment with a priest from outside the diocese who is interested in rectifying that situation and coming to work here. We had a very productive conversation.
- Went to lunch with said priest, along with the mutual friend from St Louis who drove him to Springfield, and Brenda, at Cooper’s Hawk on the west side.
- Returned (on the late side–long lunch) to finish my homiletical work.
- Friday prayers–at the cathedral organ bench playing through material from the Hymnal 1940. Discarded relics suddenly become newly-discovered treasures, fueling good prayer.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
- Left for home on the early side, around 4:30.