by Bishop Daniel
on March 4, 2016
- Dropped my car off at the dealer for service. Walked down Second Street to the office.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral chapel (cleaning going on in the nave).
- Prayed and sat with the readings for Easter VII, in preparation for preaching at St Stephen’s, Harrisburg and St Mark’s, West Frankfort on May 8. Took timeouts from this work to take two substantive phone calls: one from the previous Dean of Nashotah House (and my predecessor as Chairman of the Board, now deservedly retired in St Louis), and one from the current Dean of Nashotah House.
- Dealt by email with some issues around one of our parochial vacancies.
- Reviewed and commented on draft minutes from the February Diocesan Council meeting.
- Lunch from ChiTown’s Finest (Italian beef), eaten at home.
- Reviewed the Renewal Works reports for St John’s, Decatur.
- Reviewed a draft resolution from the Archdeacon regarding Outreach Fund expenditures for presentation at the next Council meeting.
- Made arrangements for a rental car when I’m in Florida after Easter for a Communion Partners meeting, followed by a long weekend of some personal down time.
- Attended to some Nashotah-related bits and pieces.
- Photocopied, then scanned, the contents of my wallet, which is just an obvious wise thing to do a couple of times a year.
- Friday prayer: Lectio Divina on tomorrow’s Daily Office OT reading, about the arrival of Jacob and all his offspring in Egypt to take refuge from the famine (and his exaction of a promise from Joseph not to bury him in a strange land).
- Responded to an email from a layperson hoping for some more training in liturgy and music at a diocesan level. Indeed, it’s a good idea, and that ball is now in play.
- Evening Prayer in the office.