by Bishop Daniel
on February 19, 2016
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Tweaked, refined, and printed working notes for my sermon this Sunday, at Christ Church, Springfield.
- Laid down the broad rough strokes of next week’s Lenten teaching series presentation at Trinity, Lincoln.
- Performed necessary surgery on some sermon material for Lent III used in a prior yet, in preparation for preaching at St Bartholomew’s, Granite City on the 27th.
- Kept an 11am appointment with my primary care physician, following up on “Drama in Danville” the Sunday before last.
- Lunch from Qdoba, eaten at home.
- Packed for an overnight and processed a few emails.
- Hit the road northbound with Brenda just past 2:30, headed for a 6pm dinner engagement with one of our postulants and his family in the inner ring Chicago suburb of Riverside (actually, just a few feet from an apartment where I lived for a year nearly 60 years ago. I still have some rather vivid memories of that place.
- Bedded down in Schaumburg, ahead of tomorrow afternoon’s celebration of my mother’s 90th birthday.