by Bishop Daniel
on January 29, 2016
- Morning Prayer in the office (workers in the church).
- Consulted with the Archdeacon on an administrative/pastoral matter, then followed up on it with an email.
- Spoke by phone with a representative of a church software firm. Still on the hunt for a database system.
- Spent the rest of the morning getting service leaflets ready for the clergy retreat. This involved copying, pasting, editing, printing, cutting, punching, making mistakes, correcting mistakes, and then some. But I think it’s done.
- Presided at a sort of “sung Low Mass” in the cathedral chapel in anticipation of the feast (actually tomorrow) of Charles Stuart, King and Martyr.
- Lunch from La Bamba, eaten at home.
- Yes, there was still some detritus to take care of from the service leaflet prep.
- Made air travel and lodging arrangements for a short trip to NYC next month that has arisen rather suddenly.
- Rehabbed the text of an old homily for the Last Sunday after the Epiphany for use this year at Holy Trinity, Danville.
- Friday prayer: the Luminous Mysteries of the rosary.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.