by Bishop Daniel
on June 27, 2014
- Devotions in the cathedral; Morning Prayer in the office.
- Arranged for a couple of checks from the Discretionary Fund to meet some incipient needs.
- Spent some more time with the readings for Proper 13 (August 3 in Marion) with the intent of close reading and consultation of commentaries. But, once in a great while, what needs to be preached about just jumps out at me prematurely, and this was one of those times. So I dispensed with the usual exegetical work and went right to the development of a central message statement.
- Responded in some detail to some technical questions from one of our clergy regarding the liturgy for my upcoming visit to the parish he serves.
- Took part in a three-way email volley (I was the only one who knew it was three-way) with the bishop of one of our companion dioceses and the chair of our Department of Global Mission. Some important decisions got made in the process.
- Attended to a bit of administrivia pertaining to my membership on the board of the Living Church Foundation.
- Lunch at home. Leftovers. I remained at home for afternoon work.
- Examined, via email and internet, and in fair detail, a potential resource, brought to my attention by a friend, for discipleship formation in the diocese.
- Spent some quality time on the treadmill.
- Departed with Brenda at 3:30 for points south. We attended the farewell banquet for Fr Gene and Deb Tucker at Trinity, Mt Vernon. It is a poignant transition for both the Tuckers and Trinity, one that they are all embracing with maturity and faith. Back home later than we like … in the area of 11:30.