by Bishop Daniel
on March 28, 2014
- Brief devotions in the cathedral, Morning Prayer in the office.
- Took part in a conference call with several others regarding an important but not emergent issue regarding the summer camp for children and youth that the diocese sponsors on an ecumenical basis with the ACNA Diocese of Quincy.
- Attended by email to an important clergy deployment issue. Hopeful that this situation will turn into a very exciting development.
- Prepared for the meeting I will have on Sunday afternoon with the youth and chaperones who will join me on a pilgrimage to Canterbury in June.
- Lunch at home. Leftover chili. Yum.
- Further developed the rough broad strokes already laid for next Wednesday’s Lenten series program in Decatur.
- Let and participated in an informal meeting of the Nashotah House Board of Trustees via conference call.
- Put some meat on the bones of my homily for Lent V, to be delivered at Trinity, Yazoo City, M–one of my two DEPO parishes.
- Friday prayer: Lectio divina on the daily office Old Testament passage for tomorrow, which was Jacob’s farewell conversation with Joseph before his death in Egypt.
- Attended briefly to some administrivia and personal organization matters.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.