- While still at home, posted the teaching video I’ve been working on to the diocesan website, and edited a blog post I wrote yesterday evening and launched it into cyberspace.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Processed a few emails.
- Produced a rough draft of a homily for the feast of the Presentation, to be delivered February 2 at Holy Communion, Charleston, SC.
- Lunch at home–leftovers.
- Processed some more emails.
- Having perceived a need for me, as the one who sits at the top of the pyramid, to be more personally conversant regarding diocesan finances, I spent a good bit of time looking at a recent Balance Sheet, asking some questions, and making some notes. Yes, we are blessed to have competent and dedicated people who take care of these details, and I don’t need to learn to do their jobs. But it behooves me to be more knowledgeable than I have up to this point been.
- Friday prayer–lectio divina on the part of Isaiah 45 appointed for Morning Prayer on tomorrow’s feast day, the Conversion of St Paul.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.