by Bishop Daniel
on July 5, 2013
- Usual AM routine; MP in the cathedral.
- Met with the Chancellor and the Archdeacon to begin to lay out the broad strokes of a process that we hope will result in a complete re-write of our diocesan constitution and canons. It’s exciting to have the opportunity to begin by thinking about mission, and then thinking about creating the infrastructure and governance that will serve mission, rather than the other way around. This meeting consumed the entire morning.
- Lunch at home. Leftovers.
- Attended to some administrivia items.
- Over time, the physical top of my physical desk tends to get more and more cluttered. On my last day in the office before vacation, it seemed appropriate to deal with the clutter, so I did. A clean desk awaits my return on August 6th.
- Reviewed my August Sunday visitation schedule and made a few notes.
- Composed an Ad Clerum letter to the clergy of the diocese, which will be sent out electronically on Monday.
- Friday prayers: Ignatian meditation on the gospel reading for the day in the daily office lectionary–Luke’s account of the cross being laid on Simon of Cyrene and Jesus meeting the women of Jerusalem.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.