The bigs stuff:
- Attended the regular summer meeting of the Department of Finance, the task of which is to draft a proposed operating budget for the coming calendar year. We didn’t quite meet that goal, for various reasons, so we’re going to get together again in early August.
- Developed a rough draft of a homily for Proper 9 (July 5 at St John’s, Decatur).
- Witnessed the signing of the Declaration of Conformity to the doctrine, discipline, and worship of the Episcopal Church on the part of a priest who was last canonically resident in Springfield before serving one of the African provinces. He is now called to serve in the Diocese of Central Florida.
- Made some decisions about committee assignments at the next diocesan synod.
- Responded to sundry emails and text messages.