- Usual AM routine; Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Preliminary planning and plotting for a June 1 clergy day, which will focus on the “Marks of Discipleship.”
- Took (surprise) delivery of a re-conditioned antique monstrance. I rescued it from a cupboard at Redeemer, Cairo some months ago and engaged Catholic Church Supply of St Louis to repair and replate it, and fabricate a new luna. It looks splendid, and will be put to use in a very special endeavor of prayer and spiritual renewal in the diocese.
- Weeded out the snail mail (periodicals, form letters, etc.) that had arrived while I was away at House of Bishops.
- Lunch at TG, eaten at home, where I remained for the afternoon.
- Did some important ancillary work in connection with the priests retreat that I will lead next month in the Diocese of Albany.
- Packed and headed south with Brenda for Toddhall Retreat Center in Columbia (a ministry of St George’s, Belleville), stopping in Litchfield for dinner at our favorite “casual dining”chain, Ruby Tuesday.
- Delivered the first of four addresses at the annual retreat of the diocesan ECW. The theme is “Joy Overflowing,” and the four talks are based on the four chapters in St Paul’s letter to the Philippians.