by Bishop Daniel
on April 12, 2019
- Up, put together, and across the alley for devotions and Morning Prayer in the cathedral by around 0730. Then to Hardee’s drive-through for breakfast.
- Usual Friday extended catch-up with the Archdeacon.
- Organized tasks for the day.
- Scanned, categorized, and tagged accumulated hard-copy material in my physical in-box.
- Dealt substantively by email with a pastoral issue. (By “substantively” I mean … something that requires careful attention and thought; it can’t just be “dashed off.”)
- Dealt by email with something that I would say comes under the category of “pastoral/program development.”
- Made some technical preparations that I hope will make next week’s Good Friday liturgy go more smoothly.
- Grabbed lunch at Taco Gringo. Brought it back to the office to eat.
- Wandered over to the cathedral parlor to spend some time with Mrs Hultstrand and her son, and other well-wishers who came by.
- Presided and preached at the Eucharist, and then the committal for the Ninth Bishop of Springfield, Donald Maynard Hultstrand. Hung out at the post-liturgical reception next door at the Inn at 835.
- Dealt by email with an impending pastoral-liturgical matter.
- Met with an individual who is at the front end of the discernment process toward potential ordination to the priesthood.
- Evening Prayer in the office.