by Bishop Daniel
on October 5, 2018
- Woke up in my office recliner after a good night’s sleep. It worked well.
- After some personal hygiene, processed some email and planned my day’s work.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Debriefed with the Archdeacon on a range of issues.
- Grabbed some breakfast as McD’s.
- Edited, refined, printed, and scheduled for posting my homily for this Sunday (St Stephen’s, Harrisburg).
- Took a brisk walk in a northwesterly direction, an circled back to the office.
- Kept an 1100 appointment with an individual in the beginning stages of discerning toward a possible vocation to Holy Orders.
- Lunch from Chick-Fil-A, then on to the old homestead in Leland Grove to check on the work of the house cleaners and carpet shampooers. It looked good. Met with a rep from our handyman firm over some possible projects to improve street appeal.
- Kept a 2:00 appointment with a priest who is not presently *of* the diocese but serves *in* the diocese.
- Ran a quick personal errand to my eye doctor’s office (sunglass lens had popped out).
- Created a draft 2019 visitation calendar and sent it to Sue for a look before making it available to the clergy for changing and swapping and the like.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
- Walked over to Obed & Isaac’s for dinner. Got my 10,000th step just as I got back to the office.
- Wrote the 17th of an eventual 30 lectionary reflections for the November 2019 issue of Forward Day by Day.
- Decided I had been productive enough for one day and watched a TV show on my iPad.