by Bishop Daniel
on May 18, 2018
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Made liturgical and homiletical preparations for the Diocesan Council Mass.
- Met for a bit with one of our parish clergy over an ongoing concern in his community.
- Presided and preached at a Mass, using propers for Friday in Week of VII Easter.
- Presided at the regular May meeting of the Diocesan Council.
- Participated in some substantive ad hoc after-meeting conversations.
- Lunch from Hardee’s, eaten at home.
- Consented to the consecration of the bishop-elect of Bethlehem.
- Attended by phone to a personal matter.
- Wrestled with my exegetical notes on the readings for Proper 5 and emerged with a homiletical message statement (St Michael’s, O’Fallon on June 10).
- Planned the details of Morning and Evening Prayer for the St Michael’s Conference. Time-consuming.
- Took a first prayerful pass at the readings for Proper 18, in preparation for preaching at my DEPO parish, Trinity Church in Yazoo City, MS on September 9.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
- After dinner at home: Wrote my third (of 30) Forward Day by Day meditation for November 2019.
- Took my sermon for Proper 6 from “message statement” to “developed outline” (St John the Baptist, Mt Carmel on June 17.)