Fourth Sunday after Epiphany
- Morning Prayer in my office encampment.
- Hit the road northbound at 0815, arriving at Christ the King, Normal at the targeted 0945, ahead of their regular 1015 Sunday liturgy. I was greeted with the proverbial beehive of activity, as rapid snow melt on the flat roof section of their building found the weak spots in said roof, causing steadily dripping water in the chapel and sacristy. If anybody from Church Insurance follows this blog, please stand by.
- Presided and preached (and had to read my own gospel, as there is no resident priest at CtK).
- Visited with the folks during a pot-luck luncheon, spoke a bit about the 2020 Lambeth Conference and the prospects for liturgical change in TEC, then headed home to Chicago, arriving around 3:00.
- Took a nice long walk with Brenda in weather that feels balmy compared to last week, dodging standing water much of the time. Chinese carry-out for dinner, since we weren’t invited to any Super Bowl party.