Conversion of St Paul
by Bishop Daniel
on January 25, 2018
- Began the day with a brisk treadmill workout.
- Task planning at home, MP in the cathedral.
- Got to work signing and sealing the certificate for tonight’s ordination. Took four passes with the hot wax, and one was plenty good enough.
- Read and responded to an email from the Bishop of Tabora.
- Devoted more time to an ongoing bit of administrivia that seems to be getting more complex the harder we try to resolve it.
- Spent about 90 minutes with a commentary on Mark’s gospel, focusing on the Passion narrative, all in service of developing a homily for Palm Sunday.
- Home for lunch on the late side. Leftovers.
- Registered online for a Communion Partners meeting late next month.
- Processed a short stack of late-arriving email.
- Out the door at 3:00 for points east.
- Met at St John’s, Decatur with Fr Mike Newago. Routine check-in regarding his work as Mission Strategy Developer.
- Presided over a rehearsal, then the liturgy itself. Got Christine Gregory duly ordained to the diaconate, a truly joyful occasion.
- Home around 9:45.