by Bishop Daniel
on March 5, 2014
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Prepared for my role as celebrant and preacher at the 12:15 liturgy.
- Interacted with a handful of folks via email over the sudden death yesterday of a Nashotah House student.
- Laid the foundation for each of the five Lenten teaching series presentations I’ll be giving at St John’s, Decatur.
- Framed the infrastructure for the first of those sessions.
- Took some time, along with the others in the office, to watch the removal of two very diseased trees from the front of our property along Second Street. We’re fortunate they haven’t already fallen on somebody.
- Re-engaged the movie-editing learning curve, but discovered in the process I still have some re-recording to do of the last session of last year’s Lenten series.
- Presided, preached, and imposed ashes at the 12:15pm cathedral liturgy. About 30 were present.
- Updated my contact information on the 2014 Canterbury pilgrims. We have 12 youth and four chaperones (including YFNB) signed up to go. Composed and sent them all an email message. It’s time for us to begin forming community.
- Plotted and scheduled the several preparation steps connected to the sermon I will deliver on Ascension as a guest preacher at Christ Church, Fitchburg, MA.
- Plotted and scheduled several tasks pertaining to getting ready for this year’s Chrism Mass.
- Attended to a specific Nashotah House-related tasks.
- Left at 4:30 to go home, retrieve Brenda, and head out to Decatur, where I presided, preached, and imposed ashes at the 6pm liturgy at St John’s. Back home around 8:20.