by Bishop Daniel
on March 6, 2019
- Usual weekday morning routine–sans breakfast, though, given the day,
- Did the finish work on my homily for this Sunday, when I don’t have a scheduled visitation in the diocese, but will be guest preacher and celebrant at the historic Church of the Ascension in Chicago.
- Dealt with an ongoing technology issue that has eventuated a long train of email exchanges with tech support for the company whose app I use to store passwords. Made a small amount of incremental progress toward resolution, but the fundamental issue remains.
- Attended to some personal financial chores.
- Packed and loaded the YFNBmobile for a 1:00pm departure south, solo. Arrived at Trinity, Lincoln just a handful of minutes late for a 4:00pm appointment with a parishioner who is in discernment for holy orders. Proceeded then to preside and preach at the 5:30 Ash Wednesday liturgy. Attendance was good, and the experience of that very familiar liturgy was, for me, rather mystical.
- Headed on down to Springfield. Stopped by Meijer for a bit of shopping, then Chick-Fil-A for some sustenance, and arrived at my office encampment around 8:45.